Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Blessing

When I was younger, my grandmother would give me rides to school or work or the mall but she wouldn't let me out of the car until she said this prayer over me.


"May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace."
                                  Number 6 24-26


Now at the time I would realize the car was coming to a stop and I'd try to jump out as fast as I can so my friends wouldn't see me in her old ratty car that we named freckles because of all the chipped paint.

Looking back I can't imagine how many times she quoted, or sang or yelled that verse over me as I was rushing to get away. I'll never know how many things the Lord protected me from, blessed me with, and times He gave me peace because of my grandmother praying for me, bringing me before God and asking Him to take care of me.


Everyone might not have a grandmother to pray for them or a mom or a dad who knows to ask God to bless their life SO
         STOP NOW
                        and pray for a child from our church and their family and ask God to take care of them! You never know how it will effect their important walk with God!Thank you for serving! I am saying a prayer for you all today.


Love & all the best,Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment